Client-Focused Law Firm Providing Guidance In Matters Of Elder Law, Estate Planning, And Life Care Planning
John R. Toy II Esq.
- Elder Law
- Estate & Trust Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Social Security Disability
- Real Estate
Calling Murfreesboro his home since childhood, Mr. Toy started practicing law in order to make a difference in others' lives. From Hobgood Elementary to Central Middle and from Riverdale High School to MTSU, Mr. Toy is truly a product of our community. Mr. Toy feels blessed to call so many of our neighbors his friend and to serve such an amazingly diverse clientele of our rapidly growing city, county, and region.
As an Eagle Scout, Mr. Toy learned the value of serving. Dedicating much of his time to being involved in the lives of people in our city, Mr. Toy is a charter member of the Murfreesboro Downtown Barristers Lions Club, where he serves as First Vice President. You can also find Mr. Toy serving on the Board as treasurer of his daughter's American Heritage Girls Troop and as President of the Board of Directors for Vista Points, Inc.: The Special Needs Trusts & Resource Center. During the Fall and Spring, you can also hear Mr. Toy coaching his daughter and son's soccer teams.
Mr. Toy graduated magna cum laude and top of his class from Liberty University School of Law in Lynchburg, VA. While there, Mr. Toy served on Senior Staff of the Law Review, publishing his Comment, Restoring the Gatekeeper: How Illustrative Notice Pleading Can Save the American Judicial System. Mr. Toy was also a finalist in the school's 1L Moot Court competition and served as Chairman of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, including competing nationally on the school's Negotiation Competition team.
He is licensed to practice law in all courts in the state of Tennessee. Mr. Toy is also a member of the Rutherford and Cannon County Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Murfreesboro Estate Planning Council, Lawyers With Purpose, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Mr. Toy is also a recognized speaker on Elder Law topics. In addition to local speaking engagements to community groups, he has given continuing legal education presentations to other attorneys at the Tennessee Bar Association's Elder Law Forum, the Upper Cumberland Adult Abuse Coalition annual meeting, and the Murfreesboro General Sessions Civil Court Annual Update. Mr. Toy currently serves on the Tennessee Bar Association's Elder Law Section Executive Council.
- Liberty University School of Law, Lynchburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Graduated First In His Class
- Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: English
- Minor: History
- Tennessee, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2022
- Rutherford County Bar Association
- Cannon County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Estate Planning Section
- Tennessee Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Tennessee Bar Association, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Section on Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice
- American Bar Association, Section on Dispute Resolution
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law
- Lawyers With Purpose
- National Eagle Scout Association, Life Member
- National Rifle Association, Life Member
- Member, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Beta
- Member, Beta Theta Pi International Fraternity
- St. Clair Senior Center Will Clinic, 2022 to Present
- Greenhouse Ministries Legal Clinic, 2023 to Present
- Law Office of Harold H. Parker, Attorney, 2012 to 2014
- Pella Window & Door Company, Sales, 2001 to 2009
- Red Shoe Title, Inc.
- Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator
Fraternities or Sororities
- Beta Theta Pi